16 European producers will partner with 16 cross-media professionals at the fifth edition of Power to the Pixel’s annual event.
Power to the Pixel (PttP) has announced the projects taking part in this year’s Pixel Lab.
Taking place in Baden-Württemberg from July 6-12, the cross-media workshop will see its 32 selected participants partake in an intensive residential project-focuses training week.
16 European producers will develop projects with 16 cross-media professionals at this year’s event. Participants attending with projects include Tina Gharavi, Lily Lambert and Tim Travers Hawkins.
Producers attending with a project will attend a second workshop in London from Oct 7-10 as part of PttP’s Cross-Media Forum.
Liz Rosenthal, CEO and founder of PttP, commented: “The Pixel Lab continues to draw the best new and exciting ideas developed by creative talent working in filmed, interactive and digital content industries.
“In the Lab’s intensive, energetic and collaborative environment they receive expert guidance, in-depth attention and valuable feedback from a team of the world’s top cross-media mentors — producers, writers, interactive developers, strategists, funders and legal experts who are all international leaders in their field.”
Experts this year include beActive CEO and producer Nuno Bernardo, writer and producer Sean Coleman, games producer and writer Thomas Howalt, film and literary agent Michelle Kass and Reboot Stories’ co-founder Lance Weiler.
Producers attending with projects are as follows:
- HOPE DICKSON LEACH, Producer, Magnified Pictures, OVEREXPOSED (UK)
- ANNE DREES, Cross-media Producer, INDI FILM GmbH, Among Friends (DE)
- IGOR FÜRNBERG, Producer & Head of New Media, MotionWorks, The Adventures of the Young Marco Polo (DE)
- TINA GHARAVI, Creative Director, Bridge + Tunnel Productions, From the Plantation to the Penitentiary: Maintaining The Slave Trade in Obama’s America (FTPTTP) (UK)
- RICHARD GLYNN, CEO & Producer, Studio POWWOW, ShipAntics (IE)
- SUSANNE HOFER, Co-Director & Creative Director, Filmmern, Intopolitiks (SW)
- VESELA KAZAKOVA, Producer, Activitist38, River Tales (BU)
- LILY LAMBERT, Digital Producer, Cinétéve, Avides (FR)
- VICTORIA MAPPLEBECK, Director & Producer, Text Me (UK)
- FLAVIA OERTWIG, Producer, Tama Filmproduktion, The Truth About Simon Nino (DE / IT)
- MATHIEU PRADAT, Author & Co-Producer, La Prairie Productions, MYSTERY¿PLACE (FR)
- GÉRALDINE ROD, Filmmaker, CAB Productions, Life on Venus? (SW)
- MÁRK SZILÁGYI, Producer, Redland2089, Redland (HU)
- TIM TRAVERS HAWKINS, Producer & Director, Faction Films, Invisible Picture Show (UK)
- EGBERT VAN WYNGAARDEN, Producer & Author, Transmedia Desk, The Florence Foster Jenkins Experience (DE)
- CHRISTIAN VANGSGAARD, Film Producer, Kamikaze Film CPH ApS, MURDER: CPH (DK)
Participants without projects are:
- BARBARA ANTIČEVIC, Screenwriter (AT/HR)
- FEE KRÄMER, Head of Development, LudInc GmbH (DE)
- STEPHANIE LANG, Department Manager, Digital Content Funding, Medien- und Filmgesellschaft Baden-Württemberg mbH (DE)
- TINA LEEB, Producer, Alte Celluloid Fabrik GbR, Filmproduktion (DE)
- JESSICA LEVICK, Producer, Magnified Pictures (UK)
- MAXIM LICHTENWALD, Content Developer & Designer, XTVLAB (DE)
- ERINMA OCHU, Transmedia Storyteller (UK)
- JANINA PIGAHT, Documentary Filmmaker (DE)
- ERIC PRUNIER, Producer, Imagine Productions (FR)
- DANI PURER, Producer, Gebhardt Productions GmbH (AT)
- IAN ROBERT-JONES, Founder & Producer, Infinite Jest (UK)
- SOPHIE SAMPSON, Producer, Bigstrong Press (UK)
- SEBASTIAN SCHLENDER, Games Developer, DREFA MediaService GmbH (DE)
- SILVIA STEFANESCU, Creative Producer, Adenium Film (RO)
- PETER URPETH, Director, Writer & Musician, Emergents Creatives CIC Ltd. (UK)
- MAURICE VAN BRAST, Content Developer & Designer, XTVLAB (DE)
For the fifth year running, the MEDIA Programme of the European Untion and Creative Skillset’s Film Skills Fund are supporting The Pixel Lab. New partners this year are Medien und Film Gesellschaft (MFG) and The German Federal Film Board, The FFA.
“With the Digital Content Funding Programme, MFG supports the digital media sector in Baden-Württemberg and warmly welcomes all participants to Germany’s Southwest,” added Prof. Carl Bergengruen, CEO at MFG.
Christine Berg, deputy director of The FFA, said: “The FFA is happy to support The Pixel Lab again in 2014, we feel it’s the leading place for creators and producers to adapt to create quality story experiences across multiple platforms.”