UKTI is hunting for independent TV production companies and TV technology companies to take to the Philippines on its latest trade mission.
The government body, which will fund hotel accommodation for the free two-day event, is arranging the Oct 14-16 trip to help UK firms forge relationships with local broadcasters, distributors and government regulators.
Attendees will also receive a briefing on the Philippine business economy by high-level government officials and private businesses.
According to UKTI, the Philippines is one of the fastest growing countries in Asia, posting GDP growth of more than 6% in 2014.
Home to more than 100 million people, its TV sector is expected to grow rapidly as it is bundled into multi-play packages with internet, mobile and telephony.
The event is being led by UKTI trade and investment manager April Cheng, who is engaged in ongoing talks with free-to-air and pay-TV broadcasters to encourage them to carry more British programming.
Wednesday 14 October
- Delegates’ arrival in Manila
Thursday 15 October
- Briefing on the Philippine Business Environment & Economy by respected government & private organisations
- Meetings/visits to the major telecommunications companies in the Philippines (PLDT-Smart, Globe Telecom, Bayantel)
- Networking reception with other key contacts in the telecoms and broadcast industries, both from private & government sectors, e.g. regulators, potential local partners, system integrators, and distributors
Friday 16 October
- Meetings/visits to the key players in the Philippine broadcast industry (ABS-CBN, GMA Network, TV5)
To join the mission email firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to register is Sept 7.