UK media outfit Civilian Content has confirmed former PolyGram Film International chief Aline Perry as chief executive of its overseas sales operation, The Sales Co.

BBC Films business development head Jane Wright, who became acting chief executive last year after the departure of Alison Thompson, is to return to BBC Films in an enhanced role. Wright, who oversaw sales on titles such as Cannes competition entry No Man's Land at The Sales Co, will continue to run the business side of BBC Films' finance, sales and distribution operation.

Perry's appointment follows the increase in Civilian Content's shareholding in The Sales Co from 25% to 75% in March this year. BBC Worldwide owns the remaining 25%.

"Aline is the ideal person to take The Sales Co to a new level," said Richard Holmes, managing director of Civilian Content. "We are delighted that she has decided to front the company and her 20 years experience and extensive industry contacts will be invaluable to its continued success and growth."

Perry handled such titles as Fargo, Four Weddings And A Funeral, Elizabeth and Notting Hill during her tenure at PolyGram and Universal Pictures International. She was most recently head of international at on-line operation Internetstudios.

"The Sales Co has enormous potential to grow from its strong foundations, and I am looking forward to expanding its capacity and reach across the world," she commented. "It will become an increasingly important subsidiary within the Civilian Content Group, and will mirror its parent's commercial focus and creative skill."

Perry will now oversee sales on Sales Co titles including Milcho Manchevski's Dust, which premieres at the Venice International Film Festival; Michael Winterbottom's 24 Hour Party People; and Nick Willing's Dr Sleep.

"[Wright] maintained the company's profile and momentum while securing excellent sales results," said Chris Auty, chairman of The Sales Co. "Under her, the company enjoyed an outstanding Cannes market with its competition entry No Man's Land."