Samuel Goldwyn, president of The Samuel Goldwyn Foundation, has announced the five finallists and judges for the 2013 Samuel Goldwyn Writing Awards.
The finallists, who submitted screenplays, stage plays and teleplays were chosen from a field of more than 260 submissions from eight University Of California campuses.
- Jeffrey Baker (UCLA) Dr. Acker’s English Elixir;
- Sean Harrigan (UC Irvine) Dust Red;
- Turner Hay (UCLA) Broken Grey;
- Rocco Pucillo (UCLA) Inspector Sun And The Curse Of The Black Widow;
- Jared Robbins (UC Riverside) Farang.
The awards, now in their 58th year, were started by Samuel Goldwyn Sr. in 1955 at UCLA. Previous winners include Francis Ford Coppola, Eric Roth, Allison Anders and Jonathan Kellerman.
The $15,000 first prize, $7,500 second prize, $4,000 third prize, $2,000 and $1,000 honourable mentions will be awarded on Nov 4 at UCLA.