Sandy George covers Australia for Screen.
- Tel: (61) 2 9557 7425
- E-mail: Sandy.George@me.com
Miguel Gomes’ three-volume epic wins eight on the closing night of the Sydney Film Festival.
James Cameron’s substantial use of New Zealand for Avatar and intention to settle there permanently speaks volumes for the territory’s film-making capability and the allure of its lifestyle.
The territory’s laidback lifestyle and advanced film infrastructure are big attractions for film-makers and talent spending six months or more Down Under.
- Sydney Film Festival unveils 2015 competition titles
- 'Lord of the Rings' cinematographer Andrew Lesnie dies aged 59
- Rose Byrne helps launch all female production company
- Beijing Film Market popular with Australian producers
- Filmart 2015: HAF profiles
- Bondi Hipsters among Screen Australia awardees
- Babadook, Water Diviner share AACTA best film