Eleven projects from have been selected for the upcoming 6th Balkan Script Development Fund, which runs November 14 – 16.
An international jury will select four winning projects after a series of pitches and Q&A sessions with the producer/director, and each winning project will receive $14,800 (Euros10,000).
The forum, which will take place during the Thessaloniki International Film Festival, will be attended by international fund directors, commissioning editors, producers, distributors and sales agents.
The earmarked projects include the first screenplay by leading Albanian writer Ismail Kadare as well as new scripts from Balkan Fund regulars Tudor Giurgiu, Predrag Velinovic and Darko Lungulov.
Lungulov will also screen in the festival his award-winning first feature film, Here and There, which won a Balkan Fund award in 2006).
The nominated projects are:
- Border Line, written and directed by Emmanuel Economou, produced by Andreas Siadimas, Dangerous Productions (Greece)
- The Girl From Slaveikov Square, written by Georgi Danailov, directed by Radoslav Spassov, produced by Gergana Stankova, Menclips Ltd (Bulgaria)
- Path, written by Fedja Isovic, directed and produced by Arsen Anton Ostojic, Ars Septima (Croatia)
- Home, Sweet Home written by Panos Stathoyiannis, directed by Corinna Avramidou, produced by Kyriacos Tofarides, Avra Productions Ltd (Cyprus)
- Made in Romania, written by Ionut Teianu, directed and produced by Tudor Giurgiu, Libra Film (Romania)
- Monument to Michael Jackson, written and directed by Darko Lungulov, produced by Snezana Penev and Darko Lungulov, Kino Kamera (Serbia)
- Motel Nana, written by Ranko Bozic, directed and produced by Predrag Velinovic, Sirius Production (Serbia)
- Mother of Asphalt, written by Dalibor Matanic and Tomislac Zajec, directed by Dalibor Matanic, produced by Ankica Juric Tilic, Kinorama (Croatia)
- Gardens, written and directed by Ozkan Kucuk, produced by Suncem Kocer and Ozkan Kucuk, Mesopotamia Cinema and Yapim 13 Film Prod. (Turkey)
- Romanian Spring, written and directed by Anca M. Lazarescu, produced by Verona Meier, Razor Films (Romania /Germany)
- Russian Women, written by Ismail Kadare, directed by Lidia Bobrova, produced by Loreta Mokini (Albania / France)