Tutors will include Janus Metz and the BBC’s Kate Townsend.
IDFAcademy’s Summer School has chosen 16 projects for its Summer School (July 4-9), held at the Flemish Arts Centre de Brakke Grond in Amsterdam.
The participants will work on their documentary projects with tutors including editor Jesper Osmund (Denmark), Kate Townsend of the BBC, Danish director Janus Metz (Armadillo) and Dutch director Marjoleine Boonstra.
The IDFAcademy during the festival explores a range of aspects about documentaries; the Summer School concentrates on narrative structures of the selected projects.
Projects selected in script stage:
- Deprogrammed (Mia Donovan & Bob Moore, Canada)
- Eco Valley (Anna-Karin Grönroos, Finland)
- English Teacher (Nino Orjonikidze & Vano (Ivane) Arsenishvili, Georgia)
- Here Comes Uncle Joe (Wooyoung Choi & Sinae Ha, Republic of Korea)
- I Belong to the Second Wealthy Generation (Kevin Shen & Alex Zhang, China)
- In the Dark (Goran Stankovic & Dragan Vildovic, Serbia)
- Mc Rae (Corinne van der Borch & Floor Bremer, the Netherlands/US)
- Monte Adentro (Nicolás Macario Alonso & Heike Maria Fischer, Argentina)
- Roma Rally (Gábor Hörcher, Hungary)
- Toys (Alba Mora Roca & Susana Casares Domingo, Mexico)
- What will tomorrow bring (Busayo Iruemiobe & Kenneth Gyang, Nigeria)
- White Volta (Timothy Edzeani Doh, Ghana)
Projects selected in editing stage:
- Buzkashi! (Najeeb Mirza [pictured], Canada)
- Girls at Kungfu School (Angela Yeoh, Australia/China)
- The Last Russian Limousine (Daria Khlestkina, Russia)
- Waiting for Heaven (Awatif Jedaili & Mohammed Jedaili, Palestine)