Senior executives from Film4, Playtime and eOne are among the participants in the 2019 edition of Inside Pictures, the international business training and leadership skills development programme from the UK’s National Film and TV School (NFTS).
Among the 20 participants are Frédérique Rouault, director of international sales at French sales agent Playtime; Samanta Roberts, marketing director, film at eOne Spain; and two representatives from Film4 – senior legal and business affairs manager Don McNicholl, and marketing and distribution manager Hannah Saunders.
Daniel Battsek, director of Film4, is the industry ambassador for the programme. Having worked in production, development and distribution for 30 years, Battsek has supported films including The Favourite, Fighting With My Family and Cold War since joining Film4.
Now in its 16th year, the Inside Pictures programme comprises three one-week modules, taking place in London and Los Angeles between June 2019 and January 2020. It will involve seminars, workshops, studios visits and events covering the international film business, including development, production, financing, worldwide distribution, marketing, exhibition and digital developments.
Speakers for the 2019 session announced so far include Tim Bevan, co-chairman of Working Title Films; Duncan Clarke, president of distribution at Universal Pictures International; and Stuart Ford, chairman and CEO at AGC Studios.
The programme is supported by the Creative Europe Media Programme as the majority funder, and ScreenSkills, as part of the Future Film Skills programme.
Inside Pictures 2019 participants
- Gary Cranner – producer, Chezville, Norway
- Alice Damiani – vice president international sales, TF1 Studio, France
- Sander Dikhoff – entertainment lawyer, Dikhoff Van Dongen Advocaten, Netherlands
- Karina Gechtman – head of international marketing and publicity, Altitude Film Sales
- Matthew Gledhill – CEO/producer, Wheelhouse Productions, France
- Verena Gräfe-Höft – CEO/producer, Junafilm UG, Germany
- Sophie Green – head of acquisitions and development, Bankside Films, UK
- Gints Grube – CEO/producer, Mistrus Media, Latvia
- Oliver Huson – international sales manager, IMG Media, UK
- Tessa Inkelaar – vice president, creative, Cinestaan Film Company/C International Sales, UK
- Mike MacMillan – producer, Lithium Studios Productions Inc, Canada
- Ailish McElmeel – co-founder, Deadpan Pictures, Ireland
- Don McNicholl – senior legal & business affairs manager, Film4, UK
- Cristian Nicolescu – co-Owner/CBDO, Avanpost Media, Romania
- Samanta Roberts – marketing director, Film, eOne Spain, Spain
- Frédérique Rouault – director of international sales, Playtime, France
- Hannah Saunders – marketing and distribution manager, Film4, UK
- Anna Smith Tenser – managing director/executive producer, Iconoclast London, UK
- Leanne Tonkes – CEO/producer, Sense & Centsability, Australia
- Lena Vurma – head of acquisitions/producer, NFP marketing&distribution/dragonfly films, Germany