The IFFAM Project Market (IPM) has unveiled 14 films that will be presented during its event December 9-11.
They include the latest feature from UK director Hope Dickson Leach (The Levelling), who will introduce her family drama Klepto, which is being produced by Christopher Granier-Deferre at Poisson Rouge Pictures and is a UK-China co-production.
Also on the list are South Korean director Song II-Kong’s romantic drama Love Song and the first fiction feature from documentary director Yan Ting Yuen, arthouse project Hong Kong Sister.
The event will run during the industry activity of the third International Film Festival & Awards, Macao, which takes place December 8-14, 2018.
Frontières (Canada), Sitges Film Festival (Spain) and Blood Window (Argentina) are partners on the event, joined this year by Shanghai International Film Festival and First International Film Festival Xining.
A total of 50% of the projects are from female directors. There are also two from Macao: Chao Koi Wang’s Wonderland and Tracy Choi’s Lost Paradise.
The full line-up is as follows:
- Ajooma (South Korea-Singapore), director: He Shuming, producers: Anthony Chen, Tan Si En
- Amazing Elisa (Spain), director: Sadrac González-Perellón, producer: Diego Rodríguez
- Black Lotus (New Zealand-China), director: Roseanne Liang, producer: Timothy White
- Dogman (Argentina), director: Tamae Garateguy, producer: Silvia Rodríguez
- Game Of Identity (China), director: Leon Cheng, producer: Stephan Lam
- Hong Kong Sister (Netherlands-Hong Kong), director: Yan Ting Yuen, producer: Maarten Swart
- Klepto (UK-China), director: Hope Dickson Leach, producer: Christopher Granier-Deferre
- Lost Paradise (Macao), director: Tracy Choi, producer: Man Man Lai
- Love Song (South Korea-New Zealand), director: Il-gon Song, producers: Catherine Fitzgerald, Sebastian Lee
- Nine Lives (UK), director: Siri Rodnes, producers: Gavin Humphries, Josephine Rose
- Temple (Canada), director: Nguyen-Anh Nguyen, producer: John Christou
- The RIP (US-Asia-Europe), director: Rollo Hollins, producers: Lundi Shackleton, Philippe Palacios
- Top Talent (China-Canada), director: Rachel Han Xu, producers: Zhu Huilong, Wang Haiyun
- Wonderland (Macao), director: Chao Koi Wang, producer: Gao Yitian
This year, the market is also introducing a work-in-progress showcase, which will highlight four projects: The Long Walk, (Laos-Spain-SIngapore), The East (The Netherlands-Indonesia), Gundala (Indonesia), and Detention (Taiwan).