Power to the Pixel’s annual Pixel Lab event will feature 32 participants.
A total of 32 international media professionals working with interactive and cross-media approaches have been selected to take part in Power to the Pixel’s annual Pixel Lab event (June 28 - July 4), taking place in Inverness, Scotland in June.
Now in its sixth year, The Pixel Lab is Power to the Pixel’s development course designed to explore how interactivity and new media tools can add value to film, TV or new media projects and engage new audiences.
Spanning 20 countries, the selected participants will take part in a training week, to develop skills and exchange ideas to create, produce and finance cross-platform properties.
Some 16 international producers will develop projects that incorporate a range of film, interactive, live event, mobile, gaming, TV, publishing or online, partnered with 16 cross-media professionals that include producers, writers, commissioning editors, financiers, story architects, games and interactive developers and designers.
This residential week in is the beginning of a four-month process. Producers attending with a project attend a second workshop from Oct 12-15, run in London in tandem with Power to the Pixel: The Cross-Media Forum (Oct 13-16) held in association with the BFI London Film Festival.
Liz Rosenthal, CEO and Founder of PttP, said this year’s crop were “some of the best projects to date” to be hosted at Pixel Lab.
The following producer participants are bringing projects to The Pixel Lab 2015:
- MAYA PULG ERIKSSON Creative Producer, Filmtank (DE) - Bauhaus Spirit
- PENELOPE JAGESSAR CHAFFER CEO & Founder, The Imaginative Industry LLC (UK) – Toxic Baby
- VALERIA JAMONTE Digital Initiatives Manager, Tempesta (IT) – Melt-a-Flirt
- VERONIKA JANATKOVA Producer, Kloos & Co. Medien GmbH (CZ) – The Symphony of Noise – Matthew Herbert vs Revolution
- ANDY JONES Company Director, Radio Film (UK) – uSiSTA
- DOMENICO LA PORTA CEO, KWEB & Head of Transmedia, Wallimage (BE) – TALION
- SHEENA MACRAE Creative Producer, Storycake (UK/ CA) – The Clearies
- ANDREW NICHOLAS MCCANN SMITH Producer, First Love Films (CA) – Riftworld Chronicles
- PATRICK MOONEY Producer, Playmatics (US) – Wayscape
- ANNETTE K OLESEN Director, Writer & Producer, Annette K Aps & Motlys AS (DK) – Muleum
- ARASH T. RIAHI Producer, Managing Director & Dramatic Advisor, Golden Girls Filmproduktion & Filmservices GmbH (AT) – What’s Wrong With a Free Lunch?
- MARIA LAURA RUGGIERO Transmedia Storyteller & Producer, SeirenFilms StoryHacking Lab (ES/AR) – Martian and Pulpet
- LYANA SALEH Producer, OSOR (FR/LE) – On Screen Off Record
- ERIKA TASINI Writer, Director & Producer, Erika Tasini & Maeve McQuillan (IT) – ZUGZWANG
- JEAN-PHILIPPE THIVET - Co-Founder & Producer, COMICSTARTER (BE) – Obscurcia, A Transmedia Fiction
- BEATRIX WOOD Filmmaker & Artist, Trix Pix Ltd. (UK) - Greylag: Corn: Crofter
PARTICIPANTS WITHOUT PROJECTS
- ANNA DEAN Creative Campaign Strategist – IRL & URL (NZ)
- CRAIG GRAHAM Editor, DC Thomson & Co. Ltd (UK)
- KATE HOOPER Editor & Senior Production Manager, The St Kilda Centre (UK)
- MARTIN INDERBITZIN Producer, Panimage (CH)
- CHARLOTTE KNOWLES Director, Shoots & Leaves Films Ltd. (UK)
- MAIJA LEIVO Executive Producer, Parallax Film Productions Inc. (CA/FI)
- MAEVE MCQUILLAN Screenwriter, Director & Producer, Saftig Productions (IE)
- CHRISTINA PELEKANI Founder & Creative Director, Start Where You Are (GR)
- SILVIA PRADO Executive Director & Producer, Cinema Animadores (BR)
- WOUTER SAP Producer, Lionheart Productions (BE)
- JUAN CARLOS VALDIVIA CEO, Cinenomada S.R.L (BO)
- CAROLINE VELAN Producer, Caravel Productions (CH)
- JULIE FRIIS WALENCIAK Producer, Annette K Aps & Motlys AS (DK)
- GILL WHITE Digital Creative, Writer, Director, Producer of Design and Film-led Interactive Experiences, Gill White (UK)
- MARK WIETING Journalist & Content Producer, Atresmedia (ES)
- JOANNA YOUNG Development Producer, MacTV (UK)
The Pixel Lab experts this year are:
- VOYELLE ACKER Deputy Head of Digital Storytelling & Transmedia, France Télévisions (FR)
- SEAN COLEMAN Projects Director, Power to the Pixel & Writer, Milli(UK)
- ELEANOR COLEMAN International Feature Film Sales & Co-Production, Indie Sales (FR/US)
- ROB CROSSEN Former Executive Producer, Entertainment, Xbox LIVE (UK)
- ANDY GREEN Managing Director, Distrify Media (UK)
- MICHEL REILHAC Story Architect, Experience Designer, Mélange (FR)
- NUNO BERNARDO CEO & Producer, beActive (PT)
- LOC DAO Head of Digital Content, NFB Canada (CA)
- CHRISTOPH FEY Lawyer, Unverzagt von Have (DE)
- NICK FORTUGNO CCO & Co-Founder, Playmatics (US)
- NATHANIEL HILL Planning Partner, McCann (UK)
- ERIC HUANG Development Director, Made in Me (UK)
- MORGAN PETRIE Portfolio Manager Technology Digital Media & Market Development, Creative Scotland (UK)
- ADAM SIGEL Writer, Producer & Content Strategist, Cutbait Productions (US)
- PAUL TYLER Founder, Handling Ideas (DK/UK)
- LANCE WEILER Founder, Reboot Stories (US)
- JOHN WHITE Chief Operating Officer, The Space (UK)
- JENNIFER WILSON Group Executive Director, The Project Factory (AU)