Includes world premieres of five Spanish productions and Oliver Stone’s documentary series The Untold History of the United States.
Scroll down for full line-up
The Zabaltegi section at the 61st edition of the San Sebastian Festival (Sept 20-28) has been announced.
Along with the world premiere of five Spanish productions, other titles have also been programmed from countries such as Poland, South Korea and Kazakhstan, plus a 3D animated film and two documentaries to have competed at the Sundance Festival.
In addition, documentary series The Untold History of the United States, directed by Oliver Stone, will be presented in Spain for the first time as well as the new 206-minute epic Alexander: The Ultimate Cut, shot by the director in 2004.
Two Basque shorts will premiered within the section: Hotzanak, For Your Own Safety, by Izibene Oñederra, and Zela Trovke (Cutting Grass), by Asier Altuna.
Lav Diaz from the Philippines will also see the world premiere of his new short Prologue to The Great Desaparecido, and the screening of his film Norte, The End of History following its screening at Cannes.
- Alexander: The Ultimate Cut, Oliver Stone (US)
- Cutie And The Boxer, Zachary Heinzerling (US)
- Traffic Department, Wojtek Smarzowski (Pol)
- Family Tour, Liliana Torres Expósito (Spa)
- Prologue To The Great Desaparecido, Lav Diaz (Phil)
- Harmony Lessons, Emir Baigazin (Kaz-Ger-Fra)
- Hotzanak, For Your Own Safety, Izibene Oñederra (Spa)
- Minuscule - Valley Of The Lost Ants, Thomas Szabo (Fra)
- Rabbit Woman, Verónica Chen (Arg-Spa)
- Norte, The End Of History, Lav Diaz (Phil)
- The King Of Canfranc, Manuel Priede González , José Antonio Blanco (Spa-Fra)
- Serrat & Sabina: Two For The Road, Francesc Relea (Spa)
- I´m Still (Kachkaniraqmi), Javier Corcuera (Peru-Spa)
- New World, Park Hoon-Jung (S Kor)
- Twenty Feet From Stardom, Morgan Neville (US)
- The Untold History Of The United States, Oliver Stone (US)
- Violet, Luiso Berdejo (US-Spa)
- Cutting Grass, Asier Altuna (Spa)