Plus: Second Wachowski comes out as transgender; Sloan Foundation, Coolidge Corner Theatre unveil Science On Screen event; and more…
- monterey media has acquired all US rights from Seville International to Andrew Currie’s off-beat comedy The Steps starring Jason Ritter, Emmanuelle Chriqui, James Brolin, and Christine Lahti. The Steps premiered in Toronto and will open in June.
- Lily Wachowski (formerly Andy Wachowski) has come out as transgender, following a similar revelation by her sibling Lana in 2012. The film-maker declared her status in an interview with Chicago LGBT weekly Windy City Times on Tuesday and intimated she had been under pressure to come out by a reporter from the Daily Mail.
- The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and the Coolidge Corner Theatre have announced the third annual National Evening Of Science On Screen will take place on March 22 in 19 independent theatres across the US. Each session will feature a film and speaker presentation and selections include The Martian and Psycho.Click here for further details.
- Alex Winter and film-making colleagues on his upcoming Frank Zappa documentary have launched the Kickstarter campaign Who The F*@% Is Frank Zappa to preserve the private vault of unreleased material and create the first fully authorised documentary about the musician’s life. Click here for more information.
- Warner Bros has moved The Accountant back one week to October 14, while New Line and Village Roadshow’s Going In Style moves from May 6 to April 7, 2017. New Line and Village Roadshow’s The House moves from June 2, 2017, to June 30, 2017.
- 20th Century Fox CEO and chairman Jim Gianopulos will present Fox’s annual CinemaCon product reel in Caesars Palace on April 14 alongside co-chairman Stacey Snider and president of domestic distribution Chris Aronson. CinemaCon runs from April 11-14.
- Silicon Valley’s Cinequest Film Festival will present its Maverick Spirit Award to James Franco, Rita Moreno, and Robert Hawk. The festival runs through March 13.