Stephen Moore to chair jury for Screen's UK Marketing & Distribution Awards
Other jurors include Jane Barclay, Sandra Hebron, Adrian Wootton, Nik Powell and Julia Short, among others.
Screen International has unveiled the lineup of jurors for the 2011 UK Marketing & Distribution Awards which will take place on Sept 27 in London.
Veteran film industry executive Stephen Moore will chair this year’s jury.
Moore spent 18 years at 20th Century Fox in both London and Los Angeles, rising to the position of president, international, overseeing all theatrical and home entertainment activities in 106 countries.
He has also held senior positions with The Walt Disney Company as managing director Europe for Disney, ABC and ESPN Television and Aardman Animations as COO and head of features.
He is currently chief executive of MediCinema, a charity started in 1996 which builds and operates cinemas in UK hospitals.
Screen is a media partner on MediCinema’s upcoming MovieWalk, a 10km walk through celebrated film sites in London on Sept 4 which will raise funds for the charity.
16 illustrious jurors will join Moore in voting on the 16 categories in the awards lineup (the Lifetime Achievement Award is not determined by the jury).
The jurors are:
- Steve Abbott, chairman, Prominent Features & Television & chairman, Screen Yorkshire
- Mark Adams, chief film critic and reviews editor, Screen International and film critic, The Sunday Mirror
- Antonia Bird, film director and founder, 4Way Pictures Ltd
- Dave Calhoun, film editor, Time Out London
- Sally Caplan, independent consultant, AVER
- Mike Goodridge, editor, Screen International
- Sandra Hebron, director, BFI London Film Festival
- Lynda Myles, producer & head of fiction directing at National Film & Television School
- Col Needham, founding partner & general manager, Internet Movie Database (IMDb)
- Denise Parkinson, entertainment director at Yahoo
- Nik Powell, director, National Film & Television School, former independent producer and co-head of Palace Pictures
- Tim Richards, CEO, Vue Entertainment
- Julia Short, freelance marketing & distribution consultant, co-founder Verve Pictures
- Neil Watson, independent film and creative industries advisor
- Adrian Wootton, chief executive of Film London and The British Film Commission
For full details of entering and attending the second-annual awards see the Awards site. Entries are due July 22.