Edinburgh International Film Festival (EIFF) has unveiled the six projects selected for its film and TV development programme, which will take place online for a second year.
The third edition of Talent Lab Connects (TLC) will run from April to December 2021 and includes script editing and mentoring support, with all workshops and mentoring taking place remotely due to pandemic restrictions.
Story editor Kate Leys will head up the group of industry mentors guiding the selected teams towards development of a feature film or serial drama project.
The six projects and teams taking part this year, which are all feature films, are:
- A Man At The Window – wri/dir: Lucy Rose, pro: Maria Caruana Galizia
- Bloom - wri: Declan Dineen; dir: Stefan Georgiou, pro: Dominique Webb
- Daughter Of Adam – wri/dir: Fateme Ahmadi, pros: Jack Tarling, Pietro Greppi
- Evie – wri/dir: Douglas King, pro: Kate Turner
- Layla In Dreamland – wri/dir: Celine Cotran, pro: Oliver Sunley
- Pram Snatcher – wri/dir: Theo Krekis, pro: Sorcha Bacon
Previous Talent Lab alumni include filmmakers Ben Sharrock (Limbo), Ruth Paxton (A Banquet), Eva Riley (Perfect 10), Rob Savage (Host) and Lucy Brydon (Body of Water) plus producers Irune Gurtubai (Limbo), Jessie Mangum (Looted), Michelle Antoniades (Sweetheart), Douglas Cox (Host) and Rosie Crerar (Run)
TLC launched in 2019 and is funded through the Scottish Government, the City of Edinburgh Council and the Edinburgh Festivals’ PLACE programme.