The Zurich Film Festival (28 Sept – 8 Oct) has announced its full line-up today. It includes 160 productions, 41 debut films, 12 world premieres and 38 films directed by women.
The international feature film competition line-up includes Peter Mackie Burns’ Daphne, Xavier Legrand’s Custody, Martin McDonagh’s Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and Hafsteinn Gunnar Sigurdsson’s Under The Tree.
Titles playing out of competition include Blade Runner 2049, Marc Forster’s All I See Is You, Andy Serkis’ Breathe, Armie Hammer starrer Call Me By Your Name, Alexander Payne’s Downsizing, Andrew Haigh’s Lean On Pete and Cannes award winners The Square, The Killing Of A Sacred Deer and You Were Never Really Here.
Rob Reiner will receive this year’s A Tribute to… Award and present the world premiere screening of his latest film Shock And Awe.
Aaron Sorkin will collect this year’s career achievement award and actors Jake Gyllenhaal and Andrew Garfield will receive the Golden Eye Award.
Other high profile guests attending this year’s festival include Al Gore, Glenn Close, Alicia Vikander, Claire Foy, Marc Forster, Luca Guadagnino, Claes Bang, Andy Serkis and Michael R. Roskam.
As previously announced, the opening night film is Borg/McEnroe, with Director Janus Metz Pedersen and Sverrir Gudnason, who plays Björn Borg, attending the screening on September 28.
International feature film competition line-up
- Daphne, Peter Mackie Burns (Gb)
- Disappearance, Ali Asgari (Ir/Q)
- Gook, Justin Chon (Ir/Q)
- Custody, Xavier Legrand (F)
- The Desert Bride, Cecilia Atán, Valeria Pivato (Ra/Rch)
- Killing Jesus, Laura Mora (Co/Ar)
- Menashe, Joshua Z. Weinstein (Usa/Il/Cdn)
- Nobody’s Watching, Julia Solomonoff (Ar/Co/Br/Usa)
- Pop Aye, Kirsten Tan (Sgp)
- Pororoca, Constantin Popescu (Rm/F)
- Scaffolding, Matan Yair (Il/Pl)
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, Martin Mcdonagh (Gb)
- Under The Tree, Hafsteinn Gunnar Sigurdsson (Is/Dk/Pl/De)
- Weightless, Jaron Albertin (Usa)
- Fell In Love With A Girl, Kaleo La Belle (Ch/De/Aut)
- Giraffes Don’t Do It Any Differently – A Film About Fathers And Family, Walo Deuber (Switzerland)
- Glow, Gabriel Baur (Switzerland)
- Impreza, Alexandra Wesolowski (Germany)
- Lasst Die Alten Sterben, Juri Steinhart (Switzerland)
- Nur Gott Kann Mich Richten, Özgür Yildirim (Germany)
- Shock And Awe, Rob Reiner (USA)
- The Arrow Of Time, Leila Conners (Switzerland)
- Weightless, Jaron Albertin (USA)
- Daniel Hope – Der Klang Des Lebens, Nahuel Lopez (Germany, Switzerland)
- I Am Gentrification: Confessions Of A Scoundrel, Thomas Haemmerli (Switzerland)
- Die Letzte Pointe, Rolf Lyssy (Switzerland)