The Sarajevo Film Festival’s CineLink has announced 17 projects selected for this year’s CineLink and CineLink Plus programmes.
The Sarajevo Film Festival’s CineLink has announced 17 projects selected for this year’s CineLink and CineLink Plus programmes. The projects being pitched include new works from Slovenian Girl director Damjan Kozole and Florian Serban, director of Berlin award winner If I Want To Whistle, I Whistle.
CineLink said it received a record 90 applications from 16 eligible Southeastern European countries this year; selection criteria balances talent’s potential and story strength with benefit from the co-production market. CineLink started in 2003 and concentrates on fictional features from the region.
Projects in all the lineups are eligible for CineLink Awards.
There are 12 projects in the CineLink selection, with participants attending a special project development workshop in collaboration with the Binger Filmlab, from April 23-27 in Sarajevo. They will then attend the CineLink Co-Production Market during the SFF (July 23-31). Those 12 are:
- CIRCLES, wr/dir Srđan Koljević; prod Jelena Mitrović (Serbia)
- DOMESTIC, wr/dir Adrian Sitaru, prod Monica Lazurean-Gorgan (Romania)
- EL RUMANO, wrs Florin Serban, Catalin Mitulescu; dir Florin Serban; prod Daniel Mitulescu (Romania)
- LUTON, wrs Michalis Konstantatos, Stelios Likouresis, dir Michalis Konstantatos, prod Yorgos Tsourgiannis (Greece)
- MIRAGE, wrs Szabolcs Hajdu, Jim Stark, dir Szabolcs Hajdu, prod Gabor Kovacs, Andrea Taschler (Hungary)
- NIGHT LIFE, wr/dir Damjan Kozole, Ognjen Sviličić; dir Damjan Kozole; prod Danijel Hočevar (Slovenia)
- OUR EVERYDAY LIFE, wr/dir Ines Tanović, prods Alem Babić, Mirjana Momirović (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- STAIN, wr/dir Emine Emel Balci, prods Emine Emel Balci, Gokce Isil Tuna (Turkey)
- TEGNAP/HIER, wr/dir Balint Kenyeres, prod Atilla Csaky (Hungary)
- THE DISOBEDIENTS, wr/dir Mina Đukić, prods Mina Đukić, Nikola Lezaić, Uroš Tomić (Serbia)
- THE NECROMANCER, wr/dir Arpad Bogdan, prod Gabor Sipos (Hungary)
- VOICE OF MY FATHER, wr Orhan Eskikoy, dirs Orhan Eskikoy, Zeynel Dogan, prods Nadir Operli, Ozgur Dogan (Turkey)
The CineLink Plus participants will present directly at the SFF’s co-production market. They are:
- MONUMENT TO MICHAEL JACKSON, wr/dir Darko Lungulov, prods Snezana Penev, Darko Lungulov (Serbia)
- OF SNAILS AND MEN, wr Ionut Teinau, dir Tudor Giurgiu, prod Oana Giurgiu (Romania)
- ST. ANNE IN THE FIELD, wrs Zvonimir Jurić, Jelena Paljan, dir Zvonimir Jurić, prod Ankica Jurić-Tilić (Croatia)
- WEEKEND, wr Norbert Kobli, dir Aron Matyass, prod Gergely Fodor (Hungary)
- WOLF, wr/dir Bogdan Mustata, prods Marcian Lazar (Romania)
Also, one project will be added to the lineup as “Guest Project” in the run up to July (that initiative is in collaboration with the Goteborg Film Fund, and can accept projects from filmmakers outside the usual CineLink countries.)