Jason Gray covers Japan for Screen.
- Tel: (81) 3 6767 2480
- E-mail: email@example.com
EXCLUSIVE: Japanese-Indonesian crime-thriller sells to Germany, France, Turkey and Hong Kong.
The Japanese box office totalled $2.15bn (195bn yen) in 2012, topping the previous year’s figures by 7.7% but remaining below 2010’s 220.7bn yen.
Nagisa Oshima, the iconoclastic Japanese director of In the Realm of the Senses and Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, died of pneumonia in a Kanagawa hospital early on Tuesday (Jan 15). He was 80 years old.
- Warner pulls out of theatrical exhibition in Japan
- Epilogue takes top prize at Tokyo Filmex
- ASEAN's inaugural FLY project wraps in Davao
- Sineng Pambansa film festival announces winners
- Mamoru Oshii readies international co-production
- The Tokyo connection
- Japanese director Koji Wakamatsu dead at 76