Leading figures in the TV and film world have joined the judging panel for Screen International’s inaugural Global Production Awards taking place at the Cannes Film Festival in May this year.
Judges so far announced include Elvis producer Schuyler Weiss, president of production and development at Bazmark; Amazon Studios’ head of worldwide production and post-production, Tim Clawson; producer and former Sundance executive Bird Runningwater; and the Association of Film Commissioners International’s (AFCI) executive director, Jaclyn Philpott.
Scroll down for full list of judges
Also joining the panel is the British Film Institute’s (BFI) head of equality, diversity and inclusion Jen Smith; French producer Raphael Benoliel; California Film Commission chief executive Colleen Bell; and the European Women’s Audio-visual Network CEO Anamaria Antoci.
Applications are now open to all organisations and companies working in the film and TV industry including studios, production companies, film commissions, location, suppliers and manufacturers and any services involved in film and TV production.
The entry deadline is March 17, 2023. For more information including the complete list of categories, please visit the Global Production Awards website.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony at the Cannes Film Festival on May 22, 2023.
The expert judging panel has been invited and assembled by specialist strategy consultancy Olsberg SPI, whose CEO Jonathan Olsberg and managing director Leon Forde will be co-chairing judging panels, along with Screen International editor Matt Mueller.
Screen editor Matt Mueller said: “We are delighted with the calibre of judges who have agreed to be part of the launch event working with Screen and Olsberg SPI. We have had a great response from the industry to the launch of the GPAs which will showcase the very best in production, locations and sustainability around the world for the TV and film sectors.”
The Global Productions Awards is in association with Screen’s sister brands KFTV and Broadcast.
Global Production Awards 2023 judges
- Amanda Nevill – advisor, Olsberg SPI
- Amber Dodson – director, New Mexico Film Office
- Andres Avelino Rodriguez – founder; president, The Lift; Mexican National Film Chamber
- Bradley Joshua – CEO & executive producer, Gambit Films (South Africa)
- Charlotte Appelgren – general secretary, CineRegio
- Colleen Bell – executive director, California Film Commission
- Edison Viana – producer, Moonshot (Brazil)
- George David – film commission consultant and producer
- Jaclyn Philpott – executive director, Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI)
- Jeff Melanson – partner, Stratagem
- Jon Kuyper – director, SERVO (Aus and Hollywood)
- Kathy Banuelos – senior vice president of State Government Affairs, MPA
- Matt Deaner – CEO, Screen Producers Australia
- Naomi Cleaver – head of production, Forte Corp Holdings
- Pak Chaisana – producer, A Grand Elephant (Thailand)
- Raphael Benoliel – location and production manager, First Step (France)
- Schuyler Weiss – president of production and development, Bazmark
- Tamara Tatishvili – international industry consultant and facilitator
- Tim Clawson – head of worldwide production and post production, Amazon Studios
- Tomas Eskilsson – head of analysis, Film i Vast
Also covering diversity and inclusion:
- Anne Lajla Utsi – managing director, International Sami Film Institute
- Anamaria Antoci – CEO, European Women’s Audio-visual Network
- Jennifer Loren – senior director, Cherokee Nation Film Office
- Bird Runningwater – Sundance/Amazon
- Jen Smith – interim CEO, Creative Industries Independent Standards Authority
- John Gibson – DEI lead, MPA
No comments yet