UK org reveals board reshuffle following elections.
Revolutionary Road and Jar Head producer Pippa Harris has been elected to the position of deputy chair of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).
Harris, previously chair of the organisation’s Film Committe, will also sit on Bafta’s board of trustees.
In a further board reshuffle following recent elections, Marc Samuelson has been elected as chair of the Film Committee, having held the position of deputy chair for two years. Marc Samuelson will serve alongside Alison Thompson, who has been elected deputy chair.
Krishnendu Majumdar has been re-elected for a second two-year term as chair of the Television Committee, alongside Hannah Wyatt who has been elected deputy chair.
Jane Lush will continue as chair of Bafta for the remainder of her two-year term.
Lush commented: “I’m delighted to welcome the new trustees to our Board, and am thrilled to be working closely with Pippa Harris in her new role as deputy chair of the Academy.”
Bafta’s board of trustees are:
- chair of the Academy: Jane Lush
- deputy chair of the Academy: Dame Pippa Harris
- chair, Film Committee: Marc Samuelson
- deputy chair, Film Committee: Alison Thompson*
- chair, Television Committee: Krishnendu Majumdar
- deputy chair, Television Committee: Hannah Wyatt*
- chair, Games Committee: Nick Button-Brown
- chair, Learning & Events Committee: Sara Putt
*new Board members in 2017