Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s Seventh Code and Takashi Miike’s The Mole Song added to the competition titles.
The Rome Film Festival has revealed its line-up of features, including 12 world premieres among 18 competition titles.
The festival, which runs from Nov 8-17, will include 71 features in the official selection as well 11 medium-length films and 19 shorts.
A total of 1,542 features and 1,078 short films were submitted from 76 countries, according to the festival.
The competition (‘Concorso’) films include:
WP = World Premiere
IP = International Premiere
ItP = Italian Premiere
- Another Me, Isabel Coixet (Spain-UK) WP
- I Am Not Him, Tayfun Pirselimoglu (Tur-Fra-Gre-Ger) WP
- Foreign Bodies, Mirko Locatelli (Italy) WP
- Dallas Buyers Club, Jean-Marc Vallée (US) ItP
- Sheep’s Clothing, Paulo Morelli (Brazil) IP
- Acrid, Kiarash Asadizadeh (Iran) WP
- Her, Spike Jonze (US) IP
- Blue Sky Bones, Jian Cui (China) WP
- Manto Acuífero, Michael Rowe (Mexico) IP
- The Mole Song, Takashi Miike (Japan) WP
- Out Of The Furnace, Scott Cooper (US-UK) IP
- Quod Erat Demonstrandum, Andrei Gruzsniczki (Romania) WP
- Seventh Code, Kiyoshi Kurosawa (Japan) WP
- Sorrow And Joy, Nils Malmros (Denmark) WP
- Take Five, Guido Lombardi (Italy) WP
- Tir, Alberto Fasulo (Croatia, Italy) WP
- The Invisible Life, Vítor Gonçalves (Portugal) WP
- Cut Down Kite, Diego Ayala, Anibal Jofré (Chile) IP
As previously announced, Giovanni Veronesi’s comedy The Fifth Wheel will open the festival on Nov 8.