For his part, Hart has now launched a new venture called Evamere Entertainment that will focus on feature film and Broadway theatrical productions. As part of his new operation, Hart will also oversee the management of Hart Sharp's library of films andthe company's existing private equity funds.
Evamere's upcoming slate includes:
- Life During Wartime, the new film from Todd Solondz, the New York filmmaker best known for Welcome To The Dollhouse and Happiness
- Alice Goes To Harlem, to be written by Geoffrey Holder and Hilton Als
- James Solomon's The Conspirator
- An adaptation of the classic Macbeth, entitled Come Like Shadows, adapted by Nick Saunders and Jennifer Lee Carrell.
'We look forward to partnering with directors, writers and talent tofinance their projects and protect their artistic freedom,' said Hart in a press announcement today.
In addition to Hart's new films, he will manage some of the projects that were developed at Hart Sharp Entertainment including:
- Revolutionary Road, written by Justin Haythe and based on Richard Yates' novel which he is producing with BBC Films
- Ed Wintle's memoir Breakfast with Tiffany, adapted for film by Tommy O'Haver and Irene Turner, to be directed by O'Haver.
'I am very proud of the movies that we have made over the span of ourpartnership. We built a company and developed and produced qualityfilms, while safeguarding our investors' capital,' said Hart.