The San Sebastian International Film Festival (22-30 September) has announced this year’s Made in Spain selection, which showcases films as a launch pad for international selection.
Among the 11 titles chosen, five are first films for their directors, while others are works of established names such as Álex de la Iglesia, Agustí Villaronga and Paco Plaza.
The selection of first-time titles include Eduardo Casanova’s Pieles, which premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival, as well as Estiu 1993 (Summer 1993) by Carla Simón, which won Best First Film at the Berlinale.
Meanwhile, Iglesia returns to San Sebastian with his latest film El Bar (The Bar), while Villaronga’s latest movie Incerta glòria / Uncertain Glory, will also play.
The full list of the Made in Spain selection is as follows:
- · Análisis De Sangre Azul (Analysis Of Blue Blood), Dirs: Blanca Torres, Gabriel Velázquez (Spain)
- · Demonios Tus Ojos (Sister Of Mine), Dir: Pedro Aguilera (Spain - Colombia)
- · El Bar (The Bar), Dir: Álex De La Iglesia (Spain - Argentina)
- · Estiu 1993 / Summer 1993, Dir: Carla Simón (Spain)
- · Incerta Glòria / Uncertain Glory, Dir: Agustí Villaronga (Spain)
- · Júlia Ist, Dir: Elena Martín Gimeno (Spain)
- · La Mano Invisible (The Invisible Hand), Dir: David Macián (Spain)
- · No Sé Decir Adiós (Can´t Say Goodbye), Dir: Lino Escalera (Spain)
- · Pieles (Skins), Dir: Eduardo Casanova (Spain)
- · Selfie, Dir: Víctor García León (Spain)
- · Verónica, Dir: Paco Plaza (Spain)