Ben Affleck, PT Anderson and Leos Carax among filmmakers with works screening in the cinematography competition.
Plus Camerimage, the International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography, has revealed the line-up selected for the main competition.
The entries are:
- Ben Affleck’s Argo; USA, 2012; Cinematographer: Rodrigo Prieto
- Benh Zeitlin’s Beasts of the Southern Wild; USA, 2012; Cinematographer: Ben Richardson
- Rufus Norris’ Broken; UK, 2012; Cinematographer: Rob Hardy
- Reza Dormishian’s Hatred (Boghz); Iran, 2012; Cinematographer: Touraj Aslani
- Leos Carax’s Holy Motors; France, 2012; Cinematographer: Yves Cape, Caroline Champetier
- Roger Michell’s Hyde Park on Hudson; UK, 2012; Cinematographer: Lol Crawley
- San-cheol Lee and Ah-ga Shin’s Jesus Hospital; South Korea, 2011; Cinematographer: Sun-young Lee
- Xavier Dolan’s Laurence Anyways; Canada, France, 2012; Cinematographer: Yves Bélanger
- Marcin Krysztalowicz’s Manhunt (Oblawa); Poland, 2012; Cinematographer: Arkadiusz Tomiak
- Piotr Trzaskalski’s My Father’s Bike (Moj rower); Poland, 2012; Cinematographer: Piotr Sliskowski
- Bahman Ghobadi’s Rhino Season; Turkey, Kurdistan, Iraq, 2012; Cinematographer: Touraj Aslani
- Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master; USA, 2012; Mihai Malaimare Jr.
- Alejandro Fadel’s The Wild Ones (Los salvajes); Argentina, 2012; Cinematographer: Julian Apezteguia
- Kim Nguyen’s War Witch (Rebelle); Canada, 2012; Cinematographer: Nicolas Bolduc
The festival’s Golden Frog, Silver Frog and Bronze Frog trophies will be awarded to the titles representing the greatest achievements in cinematography.
The 20th edition of the festival runs from Nov 24 to Dec 1 in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
Keanu Reeves will open the festival with his new documentary Side by Side on Nov 24.
Director David Lynch will receive the Lifetime Achievement Award for Directing.
In addition, Alan Heim (The Notebook, American History X) and Steven Okazaki (Day of Waiting) will be honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award for Editing and Outstanding Achievement as a Documentary Filmmaker respectively.