The 49 films recommended for nomination for the 2018 European Film Awards have been revealed.
Scroll down for full list of titles
The list includes Adina Pintilie’s Berlin winner Touch Me Not and Cannes prize winners Cold War, Dogman and Happy As Lazzaro.
Films with UK involvement on the list include Michael Pearce’s Beast and Paddington 2.
The films were selected by the 20 countries with the most EFA members as well as a selection committee consisting of the EFA board and experts.
In the coming weeks, more than 3,500 members of the European Film Academy will vote for the nominations in the categories European Film, Director, Actor, Actress and Screenwriter.
The nominations will then be announced on November 10 at the Seville European Film Festival in Spain before the awards ceremony on December 15 in Seville.
EFA SELECTION 2018
- 3 Days In Quiberon (Germany, Austria, France) Emily Atef
- Ága (Bulgaria, Germany, France) Milko Lazarov
- Anna’s War (Russia) Aleksey Fedorchenko
- Arrhythmia (Russia, Finland, Germany) Boris Khlebnikov
- Ayka (Russia, Germany, Poland, Kazakhstan) Sergey Dvortsevoy
- Beast (UK) Michael Pearce
- Border (Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Czech Republic) Janus Metz
- Carmen & Lola (Spain) Arantxa Echevarría
- Cobain (Netherlands, Germany, Belgium) Nanouk Leopold
- Cold War (Poland, UK, France) Paweł Pawlikowski
- Custody (France) Xavier Legrand
- Diamantino (Portugal, France, Brazil) Gabriel Abrantes & Daniel Schmidt
- Dogman (Italy, France) Matteo Garrone
- Donbass (Germany, France, Romania, Netherlands, Ukraine) Sergei Loznitsa
- Dovlatov (Russia, Poland, Serbia) Alexey German Jr.
- Foxtrot (Germany, Israel, France) Samuel Maoz
- Fugue (Poland, Czech Republic, Sweden) Agnieszka Smoczyńska
- Girl (Belgium, Netherlands) Lukas Dhont
- Happy As Lazzaro (Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland) Alice Rohrwacher
- Longing (Israel) Savi Gabizon
- Mademoiselle Paradis (Austria, Germany) Barbara Albert
- Men Don’t Cry (Bosnia And Herzegovina, Germany, Slovenia, Croatia) Alen Drljević
- Michael Inside (Ireland) Frank Berry
- Milada (Czech Republic) David Mrnka
- Mug (Poland) Małgorzata Szumowska
- One Day (Hungary) Zsofia Szilagyi
- Paddington 2 (UK) Paul King
- Petra (Spain, France, Denmark) Jaime Rosales
- Pity (Greece, Poland) Babis Makridis
- Pomegranate Orchard (Azerbaijan) Ilgar Najaf
- Pororoca (Romania, France) Constantin Popescu
- Scary Mother (Georgia, Estonia) Ana Urushadze
- Shock Waves: Diary Of My Mind (Switzerland) Ursula Meier
- Styx (Germany, Austria) Wolfgang Fischer
- The Captain (Germany, France, Poland) Robert Schwentke
- The Giant (Spain) Aitor Arregi
- The Guilty (Denmark) Gustav Möller
- The House By The Sea (France) Robert Guédiguian
- The House That Jack Built (Denmark, Sweden, France, Germany) Lars Von Trier
- The Summer (Russia, France) Kirill Serebrennikov
- The Wild Pear Tree (Turkey, Germany, France, Bulgaria, Republic Of Macedonia, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Sweden, Qatar) Nuri Bilge Ceylan
- Those Who Are Fine (Switzerland) Cyril Schäublin
- Touch Me Not (Romania, Germany, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, France) Adina Pintilie
- Transit (Germany, France) Christian Petzold
- U - July 22 (Norway) Erik Poppe
- Under The Tree (Iceland, Denmark, Poland, Germany) Hafsteinn Gunnar Sigurðsson
- What Will People Say (Norway, Germany, Sweden) Iram Haq
- Woman At War (Iceland, France, Ukraine) Benedikt Erlingsson