Basic Instinct writer named headline guest speaker at the London Screenwriters’ Festival, which will also feature sessions with the writers of Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa among others.
Joe Eszterhas, the Hollywood screenwriter behind Basic Instinct, Jagged Edge and Showgirls, has been named as thespecial guest speaker at the 2013 London Screenwriters’ Festival (LSF).
The event will run from Oct 25-27 at the London School of Film, Media & Performance.
In addition to being the guest for the LSF’s centrepiece audience interview, Eszterhas will share his experience directly with screenwriters in a series of one-to-one script sessions and will also present the festival’s inaugural British Screenwriters’ Award on Oct 27.
Other headline speakers will include Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa screenwriters Neil and Rob Gibbons, who will be in conversation with the director of the comedy hit, Declan Lowney; while The Inbetweeners screenwriters Iain Morris and Damon Beesley will also lead a session at the event.
More than 100 writers, development executives, producers and directors working in film, television and games will be taking part as industry experts in a variety of pitching, performance workshops with directors and actors as well as script labs. An estimated 600 delegates are expected to attend.
Headline speakers at this year’s festival also include:
- Allan Cubitt (The Fall)
- Jim Sheridan (My Left Foot, In the Name of the Father)
- Luke Ryan, evp, Disruption Entertainment (Pacific Rim, Noah)
- Tony Jordan (Hustle, Life of Mars)
- Neil and Rob Gibbons (Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa)
- Declan Lowney, director (Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa)
- Chris Chibnall (Broadchurch)
- David Hare (The Hours, The Reader)
- David Leland (The Borgias)
- David Parfitt, producer (Shakespeare in Love, My Week with Marilyn)
- Paul Webster, producer (Atonement, Pride & Prejudice)
- Pilar Alessandra, script consultant, DreamWorks
- Graham Linehan (Father Ted, The IT Crowd)
- Barbara Machin (Waking The Dead)