Meetings on the Bridge, which runs within the Istanbual Film Festival, has announced the participants of the 2013 Film Development Workshop.
A total of 12 projects have been selected from 159 applications by the Meetings on the Bridge advisory committee, which comprises Ahmet Boyacıoğlu, Sevil Demirci, Yamaç Okur, and the selection committee, consisting of Feride Çiçekoğlu, Hüseyin Karabey and Serkan Çakarer.
The projects selected for the sixth Film Development Workshop are:
- Ben Tek Siz Hepiniz / Me Against Y’all (İnan Temelkuran)
- Kaçış / Escape (Kenan Kavut)
- Saklı / Secret (Selim Evci)
- Kan Parası / Blood Money (Kıvanç Sezer)
- Antoine Köpe’nin Günlükleri / Memoirs of Antoine Köpe (Nefin Dinç)
- Cemil Şov / Cemil Show (Barış Sarhan)
- Mavi Çadır / Blue Tent (Marşa Franco)
- Kardeşler / Brothers (Ömür Atay)
- Bayrak / Flag (Ezgi Kaplan)
- Albüm / The Cliff Shore (Mehmet Can Mertoğlu)
- İkarus / Icarus (İlksen Başarır)
- Deniz Seviyesi / A Sea Apart (Nisan Dağ/Esra Saydam)
The first presentations of these projects will be made at the Film Development Workshop on April 10-11.
The directors, producers and scriptwriters will conduct one-on-one meetings with film execs from the international market and will hold training sessons on pitching with Gabriele Brunnenmeyer ahead of the workshop.
After a public pitching to the international jury, the award-winning projects will be decided and announced at the Meetings on the Bridge award reception on April 11.
The projects selected by the jury at the end of the workshops will be awarded with Ministry of Culture and Tourism Award of $10,000, CNC Award of €10,000, €2,500-worth Binger Script Advisory Award and Melodika Sound Post-Production Award.