Indiecan Entertainment in partnership with Indiegogo has announced the launch of the Indiegogo campaigns for this year’s INDIECAN10K feature film projects.
INDIECAN10K is an initiative that supports seven feature projects from emerging Canadian filmmakers. Through Indiegogo, the filmmaking teams must each raise a minimum of $10,000 as contribution to their film’s overall budget.
“INDIECAN10K gives emerging filmmakers the opportunity to get their first feature film made and Indiegogo’s reach to the broader community is the perfect platform to give the filmmakers the chance to make their dream into a reality,” said Avi Federgreen, founder of Indiecan Entertainment.
Mentoring producers from each Canadian province will work with the filmmakers to guide them from production through post-production.
Service providers and post-production facilities across Canada will support the projects, totalling an approximate value of $200,000 per film in sponsorship. Indiecan Entertainment will distribute the films.
The 2014 INDIECAN10K projects and the province they represent are:
- A Sunday Kind Of Love, Geordie Sabbagh (Ontario)
- Basic Human Needs, Matt Yim (Saskatchewan)
- Female Seeking Male, Melanie Jones (British Columbia)
- Intersection, Cam Patterson (Manitoba)
- Noon Gun, Caley MacLennan (Nova Scotia)
- Owl River Runners, Danny Thebeau (New Brunswick)
- Paradox Boy, Angus Kootenahyoo (Alberta).