Sarajevo Uni names Film Factory students
The final list of selected candidates for the new doctoral level programme Film Factory has been announced by The University Sarajevo School of Science and Technology.
The programme is developed by Hungarian director Bela Tarr, in cooperation with international film professionals and begins its first semester on Feb 15 in Sarajevo.
The 17 placements are:
- Nuntanat, Duangtisarn, Thailand
- Mohammadreza, Farzad, Iran
- Sergio, Flores Torija, Mexico
- André, Gil Mata, Portugal
- Grant, Gulczynski , U.K.
- Valdimar, Jóhannssson, Iceland
- Keja Ho, Kramer, France, USA
- Faruk, Loncarevic, BiH
- Bianca, Lucas, Poland, U.K.
- Petr, Makaj, Czech Republic
- Stefan, Malesevic, Serbia
- Kaori, Oda, Japan
- Pilar, Palomero, Spain
- Marina, Radmilac, Serbia
- Manuel, Raga, Spain
- Enzo, Smits, Belgium
- Léa, Triboulet, France
During the first two years, candidates will shoot four short films, while in the third year they will work on their final thesis in the form a full-length feature film.
With the majority of filming and production conducted in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the programme presents a boost to the development of local film industry.