Fatih Akin's The Edge Of Heaven and Hans Weingartner's Reclaim Your Brain are among 17 titles selected by programmer Heinz Badewitz to screen in the European Film Market's German Cinema showcase.
The 2008 lineup, which is targeted primarily at accredited distributors, buyers, journalists, and programmers from festivals and cultural institutions, also includes market premieres of films by German actresses Maria Schrader (Love Life) and Nicolette Krebitz (The Heart Is A Dark Forest) as well as Martin Walz's musical romantic comedy Maerzmedlodie and Dominik Graf's historical drama Das Geluebde.
Most of the films shown here have already been released in German cinemas, the German Cinema programme representing in number around a third of all the local productions screening in the Berlinale's programme this year.
The following films will be screened at the CinemaxX cinema between Feb 8 - 16:
- And Along Come Tourists, dir: Robert Thalheim, sales: Bavaria Film International
- Das Geluebde, dir: Dominik Graf, sales: Colonia Media
- Beautiful Bitch, dir: Martin Theo Krieger, sales: Atrix Films
- Counterparts, dir: Jan Bonny, sales: Wide Management
- Leroy, dir: Armin Voelckers, sales: Tomato Pictures
- Love Life, dir: Maria Schrader, sales: X-Filme Creative Pool
- Maerzmelodie, dir: Martin Walz, sales: Beta Cinema
- Nothing But Ghosts, dir. Martin Gypkens, sales: Beta Cinema
- Prussian Gangstars, dirs: Irma Kinga Stellmach, Bartosz Werner, sales: Hochschule fuer Film und Fernsehen
- Reclaim Your Brain, dir: Hans Weingartner, sales: The Match Factory
- Sooner Or Later, dir. Ulrike von Ribbeck, sales: The Match Factory
- Special Escort, dir: Maggie Peren, sales: Telepool
- The Edge Of Heaven, dir: Fatih Akin, sales: The Match Factory
- The Heart Is A Dark Forest, dir: Nicolette Krebitz, sales: The Match Factory
- The Visible and Invisible, dir: Rudolf Thome, sales: Kinowelt International
- Trade - Welcome To America, dir: Marco Kreuzpaintner, sales: Hyde Park
- Ulzhan, dir: Volker Schloendorff, sales: Rezo Film