The 65th Thessaloniki International Film Festival (November 6-14) offers busy industry programme including works in progress and Crossroads co-production strand.
The Greek Panorama programme includes such eagerly awaited national premieres as the London and Sarajevo awarded Chevalier by Athina Rachel Tsangari; Mythopathy (Notias) which marks the return of Tassos Boulmetis 12 years after his critically acclaimed and record breaking box office hit Touch of Spice; the first ever Greek 3D production The Mirror by Christos Dimas; the period drama Cloudy Sunday by Manousos Manousakis; as well as Constantine Giannaris resurfacing with Spring Awakening.
The presentation of these Greek films comes at a time of anxiety in the local industry, as last month a levy on cinema admissions was abolished. Producers unions are fighting the move.
- Petting Zoo, Micah Magee (Germany, Greece, US)
- 600 Miles, Gabriel Ripstein (Mexico)
- Ivy,Tolga Karacelik (Turkey, Germany)
- Glassland, Gerard Barrett (Ireland)
- Box, Florin Serban (Romania, France, Germany)
- Rams, Grimur Hakonarson (Iceland)
- Land and Shade, Cesar Augusto Acevedo (Colombia, France, Netherlands, Chile, Brazil)
- Road to La Paz, Francisco, Varone (Argentina, Netherlands, Germany, Qatar)
- Eva Nova, Marko Skop (Slovak Republic)
- From Afar, Lorenzo Vigas (Venezuela, Mexico)
- Sparrows, Runar Runarsson (Iceland, Denmark, Croatia)
- A Heavy Heart, Thomas Stuber (Germany)
- White People, Lisa Aschan (Sweden, Denmark, Finland)
- Silent, Yorgos Gikapeppas (Greece)
- Interruption, Yorgos Zois, Greece, France, Croatia.