Poland’s Camerimage film festival has announced the main competition lineup for the 26th edition (November 10-17).
Selected other titles appearing after a Venice bow include Paul Greengrass’ 22 July, about the 2011 Utøya massacre in Norway; Julian Schnabel’s Vincent van Gogh story At Eternity’s Gate starring Willem Dafoe; the Coen brothers’ anthology western The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs; Damien Chazelle’s First Man; and Yorgos Lanthimos’ royal comedy The Favourite, which won the Silver Lion and the Coppa Volpi for best actress for Olivia Colman.
Also on the list is Bradley Cooper’s A Star Is Born starring Cooper and Lady Gaga, which recently achieved a rare 0% drop for its second week at the UK box office.
Camerimage, which launched in 1993, celebrates cinematographers and the art of cinematography. Since 2010 the festival has taken place in Bydgoszcz in northern Poland.
Camerimage main competition programme
- 22 July – dir. Paul Greengrass (Nor, Ice, US)
- At Eternity’s Gate – Julian Schnabel (UK, Fr, US)
- The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs – Ethan Coen, Joel Coen (US)
- Cold War - Paweł Pawlikowski (Pol, Fr, UK)
- The Favourite – Yorgos Lanthimos (Ire, UK, US)
- First Man – Damien Chazelle (US)
- The Fortress – Dong-Hyuk Hwang (S Korea)
- Peterloo – Mike Leigh (UK)
- Phantom Thread – Paul Thomas Anderson (UK, US)
- A Prayer Before Dawn – Jean-Stéphane Sauvaire (Fr, UK, Cam, US, China)
- ROMA – Alfonso Cuarón (Mex)
- A Rose In Winter – Joshua Sinclair (UK)
- A Star Is Born – Bradley Cooper (US)