The first group of judges for this year’s Screen Awards – the 10th edition of the event – have been announced, ahead of the entry deadline on Friday August 30.
https://enter.screenawards.co.uk/entrant/index.phpClick here to enter
The first group of confirmed judges for the 2019 Screen Awards include Isabel Davis, executive director at Screen Scotland; Ollie Madden, head of creative at Film4; and Jason Maza, CEO/head of production at Unstoppable Film & Television.
Also confirmed in the first tranche of judges are Andy Whittaker, founder of documentary specialists Dogwoof; Christelle Randall, global publicity director at Way To Blue; Beast producer Ivanna MacKinnon; and Lia Devlin, head of theatrical at Altitude Film Entertainment.
Further judges will be announced in the coming weeks.
First group of judges
- Clare Crean, independent film consultant
- Isabel Davis, executive director, Screen Scotland
- Alice De Rosa, director of distribution, Trafalgar Releasing
- Lia Devlin, head of theatrical, Altitude Film Entertainment
- Emma Hewitt, head of communications, BBC Films
- Ivana MacKinnon, producer, Stray Bear
- Ollie Madden, head of creative, Film4
- Jason Maza, CEO/head of production, Unstoppable Film & Television
- Debbie Rowland, head of department – marketing, distribution, sales & exhibition, NFTS
- Andy Whittaker, founder, Dogwoof
As announced in April, this year sees the introduction of seven new categories, including awards for Documentary and Foreign-Language Film Release of the Year, plus International Sales Deal for a UK film.
This year’s ceremony will take place on November 28 at The Ballroom Southbank in London.
The awards recognise excellence in UK film distribution, exhibition, marketing, publicity, production and brand partnerships.
Among this year’s sponsors are Movio, Powster, ScreenSkills, UK Cinema Association and newcomer MUBI Go for the Cinema of the Year (24 Screens or under).
20th Century Fox, Disney and Curzon Artificial Eye were among the big winners at last year’s Screen Awards.