The Sarajevo Film Festival (Aug 15-23) has unveiled this year's Panorama section, which 'strives to bridge avant-garde and mainstream films with exceptional narrative films.'
Panorama will open Aug 15 with Jia Zhang-ke's 24 City and will close with Arnaud Desplechin's A Christmas Tale. Both were well received in Cannes Competition.
The other Panorama selections are:
- Travelling With Pets by Vera Storozheva (Russia)
- The Secret Of The Grain by Abdellatif Kechiche (France)
- Lion's Den by Pablo Trapero (Argentina/Korea)
- Jar City by Baltasar Kormakur (Iceland)
- Under The Bombs by Philippe Aractingi (France/Lebanon)
- Japan Japan by Lior Shamriz (Israel/Germany) [part of No-Budget Filmmaking Double Feature]
- Bitter & Twisted by Christopher Weekes (Australia) [part of No-Budget Filmmaking Double Feature]
- Of Time And The City by Terence Davies (UK) [Panorama Doc Special]
- La Leon by Santiago Otheguy (Argentina/France)
- My Winnipeg by Guy Maddin (Canada)
- Sleep Dealer by Alex Rivera (Mexico/US)
- Synecdoche, New York by Charlie Kaufman (US)
- The Visitor by Tom Mccarthy (US)
- In The City Of Sylvia by Jose Luis Guerin (Spain/France)
- Battle For Haditha by Nick Broomfield (UK)
US critic Howard Feinstein programmes the section.