Fourth European Forum for stereoscopic 3D will take place in Liège, Belgium in December.
Visual effects supervisor Chuck Comisky (Avatar), visual effects producer Buzz Hays (Beowulf) and Robert Neuman [pictured], stereoscopic department head for Walt Disney Animation Studios, will deliver keynotes at the upcoming 3D Stereo MEDIA forum, which runs Dec 3-6 in Liège, Belgium.
In total, over 40 international speakers are set to attend the fourth European 3D-Stereo Summit for Science, Technology and Digital Art.
As well as the professional and scientific conferences, 3D Stereo MEDIA will host a training session for 3D filmmakers and students in addition to the 3D Film Festival and the first 3D co-production Film Market in Europe.
3D Film Mart has been developed for 3D Stereo MEDIA by TWIST and peacefulfish and will see 20 projects pitched before a panel of eleven investors, who will then select the best of these projects with the producer eligible to receive a €3,000 award.
The co-production market is mainly funded by the regional government of Wallonia and by the MEDIA Programme of the European Commission.
The 20 projects to be pitched are as follows:
- ADAM 3D (Italy) Tommaso Arrighi, Mood Film S.r.l
- Time Travellers Guide (UK) Olivier Lauchenauer, Pogo Films Ltd.
- Earth Mysteries (France) Olivier Kauffer
- Sculpture in 3D (France) Katya Panova, Artline Films
- Marguerite Yourcenar at Villa Adriana in 3D (Italy) Alessandro Furlan, ALTAIR4 Multimedia SRL
- Louder than Hell - Wacken Open Air 3D (Germany) Tomas Erhart, Jumpseat 3D pülus Germany
- The Fire Dragon (Spain) Ferran Audi, Alta Realitat
- Les Passagers du Temps (France) Jean-Philippe Macchioni, MC4
- We Build the World (Germany) Igno Knopf, Virtual Experience
- Razors 3D (UK) Ian Powell, Magic Mask Pictures Limited
- Richard the Stork (Germany/Norway) Kristine Knudsen, Memari and Knudsen
- Leonardo Da Vinci - A Journey, A Life (France), François Bertrand, Camera Lucida Productions
- Here, There and Beyond (Romania) Mihai Ionescu, GEF ART Film
- Le Pays Où Les Abeilles Ne Meurent Pas Francis Doré, Différence Films
- Calcio Storico (Italy/France) Michaël Caranicolas, Cow Prod Sarl
- Overlord, Normandy 1944 (France) Catherine Vuong, N3D Land Productions
- Des Remèdes et Des Homes (France) Stéphane Dalmat, Info & Co
- The Return of the Third Dimension (France/Spain/Belgium) Laurence Tramaux, Polygone onze
- Le Donjon de Naheulbeuk (France) Thomas Kornfeld, Nomad Films
- Guns N Roses Live in Las Vegas (Germany) Gunther Kutsch, ABC Entertainment GmbH
For the fourth year, the 3D Film Festival will be held during 3D Stereo MEDIA from Dec 4-6.
20 films will be shown across the six competitive categories, with the Perrons Crystal award handed out to the winners during the awards ceremony on Dec 6 at the Royal Opera House of Liège. The festival will also hold the world premiere of Ben Stassen’s African Safari 3D on Dec 5.
As previously announced, this year’s 3D Stereo MEDIA will jointly host the International 3D Society’s Europe Awards where Lumiere Statuettes – for up to 14 categories – will be given out during the awards ceremony on Dec 6.
The I3DS-Europe Awards are open to any major 3D productions, such as for cinema, television, mobiles or video games, from Europe, the Middle East and North Africa as long as they were exhibited between Oct 1, 2011 and Sept 30, 2012.
Last year’s 3D Stereo MEDIA forum was attended by 750 professional participants from 20 different countries and from four continents as well as 80 speakers from 16 countries, including Ben Grossmann who won the Oscar for best 3D VFX on Hugo. and hosted 250 B2B meetings.
For more information, visit its website.