International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR) has announced its first 15 titles for its 47th edition, which runs 24 January to 4 February 2018.
Among the films selected are Sean Baker’s The Florida Project; Guillermo del Toro’s The Shape of Water; Wang Bing’s Golden Leopard winning Mrs. Fang, Alexey Fedorchenko’s Anna’s War and Constantin Popescu’s Pororoca.
The festival will also host international premieres of La fleurière by Ruben Desière and The Bottomless Bag by Rustam Khamdamov.
Festival director Bero Beyer said: “This initial selection of films for IFFR profoundly underscores the depth of the imagination, relevance and vibrancy of independent auteur cinema.”
The line-up so far, by category:
- La fleurière, Ruben Desière, Belgium/Slovakia, international premiere
- Les garçons sauvages, Bertrand Mandico, France
- All You Can Eat Buddha, Ian Lagarde, Canada, European premiere
- Anna’s War, Alexey Fedorchenko, Russia, European premiere
- Pororoca, Constantin Popescu, Romania/France
- Silent Mist, Zhang Miaoyan, China/France, European premiere
- The Florida Project, Sean Baker, USA
- The Shape of Water, Guillermo del Toro, USA
- The Bottomless Bag, Rustam Khamdamov, Russia, international premiere
- Mrs. Fang, Wang Bing, Hong Kong/France/Germany
- Marquis de Wavrin, du manoir à la jungle, Grace Winter, Luc Plantier, Belgium
- Glimpse, Artur Zmijewski, Poland/Germany
- I Have Nothing to Say, Ying Liang, Taiwan/Hong Kong
- with history in a room filled with people with funny names 4, Korakrit Arunanondchai, USA/Thailand/South Africa/UK, world premiere
- The Worldly Cave, Zhou Tao, China, European premiere