Based in Seoul, Jean Noh is deputy Asia editor and Korea correspondent for Screen International. She started her industry career in international film marketing and worked at the Pusan International Film Festival’s projects market PPP as well as in production, and spent several working years at the Korean Film Council (KOFIC). Her freelance work includes annual territory reviews for Cahiers du Cinema in France, previously editing for Cine21 in Korea, and she is also a contributing editor at Korean Cinema Today.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) chairman Kim Dong-ho has made a public apology and vowed to have BIFF’s articles of association changed by the end of July so that local filmmakers can call off their boycott.
Captain Fantasticto open festival in South Korea.
Celebrating its 20th anniversary, Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (July 21-31) has a new festival director and an expanded industry event. Jean Noh reports.
- Michael Uslan partners with Korea's Signal
- Finecut inks key deals on Cannes horror-thriller 'The Wailing'
- BIFAN reveals Malaysia spotlight, attendees
- Wanda, Dexter to co-produce 'Kung Fu Robot'
- 'Operation Chromite' secures raft of pre-sales
- Busan festival head confident of avoiding boycott
- Cannes Q&A: Na Hong Jin, 'The Wailing'