Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: email@example.com
A24 ran a canny campaign for Barry Jenkins’ drama.
How the winners reacted at this year’s uneventful Oscars.
In a shock finale to Sunday’s 89th Academy Awards, the drama was named best picture moments after La La Land had been declared the winner in error.
- Oscars 2017: Full list of winners
- 'Get Out' tops North American charts on $30.5m
- Oscars 2017: Dignified response to Donald Trump overshadowed by best picture gaffe
- Oscars best picture gaffe sends Academy into tailspin
- 'Moonlight' wins best feature at 2017 Spirit Awards
- Academy strips sound mixer of nomination on eve of ceremony
- 'Lion', 'Hidden Figures' lead best picture Oscar nominees in box office surge