Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: email@example.com
The prolific filmmaker who revolutionised horror with wry takes on the genre like the Scream franchise and A Nightmare On Elm Street died on Sunday from brain cancer.
With no real pretenders to usurp it, Universal’s Straight Outta Compton held on to top berth for the third consecutive weekend and climbed to $134.1m.
The seemingly indestructible Terminator: Genisys generated $23.6m from 25 markets and climbed to $320.1m and $409.5m worldwide.
- Bryce Dallas Howard joins 'Gold'
- Diane Nelson to head Warner Bros Consumer Products
- Ken Kwapis talks 'A Walk In The Woods'
- Lionsgate teams up on video game adaptation 'Borderlands'
- Incoming IFTA chair attacks DSM
- Spike Lee, Debbie Reynolds, Gena Rowlands in Governors Awards
- 'By The Sea' to open AFI FEST