Based in Seoul, Jean Noh is deputy Asia editor and Korea correspondent for Screen International. She started her industry career in international film marketing and worked at the Pusan International Film Festival’s projects market PPP as well as in production, and spent several working years at the Korean Film Council (KOFIC). Her freelance work includes annual territory reviews for Cahiers du Cinema in France, previously editing for Cine21 in Korea, and she is also a contributing editor at Korean Cinema Today.
- E-mail: email@example.com
South Korea’s Showbox/Mediaplex has picked up A Dirty Carnival director Yoo Ha’s upcoming Gangnam Blues starring rising pan-Asian star Lee Min-Ho.
Disney feature is the first animation to top 10 million admissions in Korea.
Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) has named Jin Park a World Cinema programmer starting this month. Park will be responsible for films from Central and South America.
- Boo Junfeng lines-up Apprentice
- Cathay returns with Our Sister Mambo
- PiFan appoints chief programmer
- Norio Tsurata lines up Cursed Diary
- Toei announces Land’s End Café
- Buyers hunt down The Suspect
- Finecut seals Haemoo deals