Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: email@example.com
The action behemoth has became the third film to cross the milestone as Universal’s international distribution chief hailed its broad appeal, enduring love for Paul Walker, “immediate repeat viewings” and a huge result in China.
The Marvel Studios tentpole signalled an early indication of its global potential, while Fast & Furious 7 crossed $1bn for Universal in a mammoth box office session.
The highly regarded young executive has been promoted to president of international sales and distribution at Avi Lerner’s Los Angeles-based company.
- Relativity in talks to acquire ‘Shot Caller’
- Saban Films moves on 'Backtrack'
- Content Media to sell ‘Deep Blue Sea’
- Hollywood targets lucrative local language production
- Tribeca unveils jury and audience winners; Nordic cinema triumphs
- Voltage Pictures hires John Fremes
- Universal dates 'Furious 8', 'Fifty Shades' sequels