Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The studio reached the milestone on June 30 in its fastest time, powered by Avengers: Age Of Ultron, Inside Out and Cinderella.
Universal’s smash delivered an unexpectedly strong holiday weekend performance to stay top and hold off three pretenders as it surged past $550m and appeared once again to have beaten Inside Out by the slimmest of margins.
Terminator: Genisys usurped two of Universal’s heavy hitters to rule the international and global box office. Jurassic World became the fifth biggest global release in history and Disney crossed $3bn worldwide in a new speed record for the studio.
- Tentpoles primed for int'l clash
- Scream Factory Films sets ‘Bloodsucking Bastards’ US release
- Image captures US rights to ‘Uncaged’
- ‘Monopoly’ passes Go for Hasbro, Lionsgate
- Disney promotes two senior executives
- Gravitas Ventures adds marketing, PR brass
- Beast MG launches 'Paranormal Activity' VR game