Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Birdman took a big stride towards the Oscar on Saturday night (January 23) as it upset Boyhood to claim best feature at the 26th annual Producers Guild Awards, capping another triumphant night for Fox Searchlight.
SUNDANCE UPDATE: The distributor has closed a $3m-plus deal and will partner with Stage 6 Films on US acquisition of the dark comedy that has been an early hit in Park City. Sony will handle international distribution. Meanwhile A24 was understood to be closing on The Witch and Alchemy was nearing a US deal for Strangerland.
SLAMDANCE: The A-lister is attached to remake rights to the January 24 Slamdance premiere Batkid Begins: The Wish Heard Around The World – A Dana Nachman Film in a deal being put together by Submarine’s new remake label Sub/Version.
- Vimeo, Indiegogo form distribution pact
- Sundance round-up: Netflix, Duplass brothers in film pact
- The Weinstein Company promotes duo
- Angel Grace to sell Scout at EFM
- Al-Ghanim Entertainment sets sail
- Tribeca Film buys Misery Loves Comedy
- Respect the producer