Jeremy Kay is Screen's US editor based in Los Angeles.
- Tel: +1 310 922 5908
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
DreamWorks Animation’s latest tentpole held on to top spot as a trio of new openers arrived with a whimper including Berlinale opener Hail, Caesar! from the Coen Bros.
A great weekend for The Revenant in which Alejandro G Iñarritu confirmed his Oscar favourite status with a DGA win saw the film add $24m from 67 markets to push the running total to $176.4m.
The studio was one of several US majors to claim a coveted spot during Super Bowl 50 and subsequently issued a one-sheet that read, ‘You know his name.’ For a minute there we weren’t sure, but we do now.
- Oscar leader Iñarritu in DGA win
- 'Inside Out' dominates 2016 Annies
- Curator Films EFM-bound with 'Runoff'
- Premiere Entertainment Group bulks up EFM slate
- Shoreline Entertainment plays with 'Toy Gun'
- VMI Worldwide boards 'Outlaws And Angels'
- Lionsgate International to start EFM sales on 'Hood'