Screen International selects and profiles the young producers who are already changing the film industry.
Scroll down for the full list
Screen International’s seventh annual focus on the rising talents in a key sector of the international film industry turns the spotlight onto producers this year. Our intrepid correspondents have chosen those people whom their peers — from sales agents to funding bodies to festival programmers and other local producers — have singled out as the ones beginning to make a real name for themselves.
As always, our focus is firmly international and Future Leaders showcases the young — and not so young — whose impact is being felt beyond their home industry. Most of the names on our list only have between one and three feature credits, but even at this stage of their career they have made waves.
As the industry continues to evolve, these talented producers from every corner of the globe, including Argentina, China, Poland, Israel, Brazil, Palestine, France, the US and the UK, know the importance of making and sustaining international partnerships and we celebrate their achievements so far. What they all have in common is a desire to engage with the world both in front of and behind the camera, and to collaborate with singular creative talents to tell compelling and idiosyncratic stories. We look forward to seeing what they do next.
Louise Tutt, contributing editor
For full profiles of our 2018 Future Leaders, visit our digital edition.
Future Leaders 2018 - producers
- Beto Amaral, Brazil (Cisma Productions)
- Andy Brunskill, UK (SUMS* Film & Media)
- Birgitta Bjornsdottir, Iceland (Vintage Pictures)
- Rian Cahill, US (Automatik)
- Kristina Ceyton & Sam Jennings, Australia (Causeway Films)
- Jeremy Chua, Singapore (Potocol)
- Gary Cranner, Norway (Chezville)
- Fodhla Cronin O’Reilly, UK (Sixty Six Pictures)
- Valérie Delpierre, Spain (Inicia Films)
- Maya Fischer, Israel (Green Productions)
- Alexis Dulguerian & Stéphanie Bermann, France (Domino Films)
- Lina Flint, Denmark (Nordisk Film Spring)
- Cormac Fox, Ireland (Vico Films)
- Tanja Georgieva, Germany (Elemag Pictures)
- Erik Glijnis, Netherlands (Lemming Film)
- David Horler, South Africa (Proper Film)
- Simone Isola, Italy (Kimerafilm)
- Rojeh Khleif, Palestine (Um Abdo)
- Laurence Lascary, France (De L’Autre Côté du Périph’)
- Tatiana Leite, Brazil (Bubbles Project)
- Ali Mohamed Al Marzouqi, United Arab Emirates (Dhabi Gulf Film)
- Emily Morgan, UK (Quiddity Films)
- Bennett McGhee, UK (Silvertown Films)
- Julia Nottingham, UK
- Charles Philippe & Lucile Ric, France (Les Films du Clan)
- Jameson Parker, Canada (Brightlight Pictures)
- Beata Rzezniczek, Poland (Madants)
- Melanie Schapiro, Argentina (Trapecio Cine)
- Bongiwe Selane, South Africa (Blingola Media)
- Rachel Xiaowen Song, US-China (XS Media)
- Wang Zijian, China (Blackfin Production)
- Stephanie Wilcox, UK (Rumble Films)
- Yang Cheng, China (NeZha Bros Pictures)
Find out more about each producer in our digital edition.