Elaine Guerini covers Brazil for Screen.
- Tel: (55) 11 997 659 915
- E-mail: email@example.com
Local hits including The Ten Commandments: The Movie boosted takings this year.
Sonia Braga, who has entered the awards season conversation with her role in Aquarius, tells Elaine Guerini why international success can be a double-edged sword.
Felipe Sholl’s feature directorial debut earned top honours as the 18th edition of the Rio Film Festival concluded on Sunday night by honouring new voices of Brazilian cinema.
- 'Little Secret' director on Oscar controversy: "We were attacked as if we were the enemy"
- 'Arrival' South American premiere to open Rio
- Ricardo Darín: "I'm fine filming in Spanish, thank you"
- 'Embrace Of The Serpent' sweeps Platino Awards
- José Padilha talks Netflix series, 'Entebbe' and Hollywood battles
- Cannes: Kleber Mendonca Filho, 'Aquarius'
- Daniel Burman's TV debut 'Supermax' heads to MIPTV ahead of shoot