Elaine Guerini covers Brazil for Screen.
- Tel: (55) 11 9765 9915
- E-mail: email@example.com
Last year marked the seventh consecutive year that box office increased in the market. After crossing R$1bn ($489m) for the first time in 2011, the market closed 2012 on R$1.6bn ($783m), for a 15.6% year-on-year gain.
The fourth Ventana Sur market in Buenos Aires has named The Amazing Cat Fish (Los Insólitos Peces Gato) winner of its Primer Corte section for films still in post production.
Brazil continues as a role model of film finance in Latin America, according to panellists during the second day of Ventana Sur (Dec 1), the fourth edition of which is underway in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Ventana Sur launches fourth year with new Producers Network
- Rio kicks off tonight with world premieres including Orange Tree, Between Valleys
- The Clown to represent Brazil in Oscar race
- Sofia, La Playa D.C. among hot titles at Colombia's BAM
- Colombia offers new rebate of up to 40% for foreign productions
- Brazilian box office climbs for third year; local titles falter
- Top Brazilian filmmakers launch new distribution company