- Tel: (852) 9810 5324
- E-mail: email@example.com
Johnny Depp AI thriller Transcendence grossed $10.65m on its opening weekend in China, placing the film third at the weekly box office (April 14-20) behind Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Rio 2.
The Beijing Film Market (BFM) announced deals totalling $1.7bn (RMB10.5bn) for 32 projects at the close of the three-day event (April 17-19), including $615m (RMB3.8bn) for film production.
EXCLUSIVE: Beijing-based Huayi Brothers Media Corporation has boarded the Chinese remake of Italian comedies Men Vs Women and Women Vs Men and will produce with Cai Gongming’s Road Pictures and Italian filmmaker Cristiano Bortone.
- New fund backs Jackie Chan’s Dragon Blade
- Oliver Stone slams co-pros at Beijing
- Hong Kong’s EMP expands team
- Grandmaster sweeps Hong Kong awards
- Amina Dasmal, producer, The Double
- Captain America opens big in China
- Macondo, Tale Of Iya take HKIFF prizes